Whether you have had cats your whole life or whether you are a brand new cat guardian, it can be difficult to know what is going on in your cat’s mind. Cats are both predators and prey animals, which means that while they are fierce hunters, they are also sensitive beings who instinctively hide pain or weakness. Our feline friends can become stressed out with even the slightest change in their environment, diet, or routine, and we may not realize it until a bigger problem has occurred. Additionally, cats are territorial by nature and can be resistant to the addition of new animals in the home. Whether you are just getting to know your cat, or your cat has been your best friend for years, I can help you to restore harmony in your home and improve your cat’s well-being by helping you to see things from your cat’s point of view.
Here are some of the things I can help you to resolve or improve:
- Litter box issues
- Aggression toward other animals
- Aggression toward people
- Scratching issues
- Destructive behavior
- Fearful behavior
- Hiding when visitors come over
- Boredom or depression
- Getting into a carrier/crate
- Training to receive medications
- Door dashing
- Environmental enrichment
- Leash/harness walking
- Transitioning to healthier food
- Cat/Kitten 101 (how to understand your cat’s needs)
For new clients:
- Contact me to let me know you are interested in my behavior consulting services (email, call, or text).
- Optional: I can schedule a 15 minute phone call (absolutely free) so you can better understand how I work.
- I will send you a cat behavior questionnaire for more information so I can make sure Cat Happy Consulting will be a good fit for both you and your cat.
- We will schedule an initial consultation.
I will travel up to 30 minutes from my residence in south Carlsbad. If you live further than this, please contact me as I may be able to make an exception (a travel fee of $1.50/min will apply). I offer virtual consultations for people who live outside my area, and for households with a very shy or nervous cat. Please contact me if you are interested and I will let you know whether I think I am able to address your concerns.
-In-person consultations: My rate is $125 and includes a 60 minute visit (initial consultation may up to 90 minutes, at no additional charge). A $65 deposit will be taken when upon scheduling the initial consultation, and the rest will be due on the day of the visit.
–Virtual consultations: All virtual consultations take place via FaceTime, or Zoom call (Zoom calls can be recorded). The initial virtual consultation is a $100 flat rate and will typically take up to 90 minutes. For subsequent consultations, my rate is a $50 minimum for the first 30 minutes, and then $1.65/minute thereafter. I offer virtual consultations on a limited basis to my clients, and my ability to work with clients remotely will depend on several factors, including:
- Location of the client
- Willingness and ability of the human client to actively participate in training and/or other recommendations
- Temperament of the cat(s)
A $50 deposit will be taken upon scheduling the initial consultation, and the rest will be due on the day of the day of the consult.